- Version: 1.0.1 (Updated: January 17, 2014)
- For use in: Astah Professional(6.7x or later) - download
- Created By: Change Vision, Inc
- Get: Source Code
Astah Quick Command Plug-in works like an Alfred application for Mac, or the Launcher for Windows. Enabling you to create projects, open diagrams or create models like Classes or Interfaces, add stereotypes and much more, all this right from your keyboard just by typing commands.
How to Install Quick Command Plug-in
- Download the Quick Command Plug-in (.jar file) from here.
- Run Astah and go to [Help] - [Plugin List] menu and click [Install] button.
- Select the .jar file and restart Astah.
- A welcome window will open to show you how to use this Plug-in the first time you start Astah after installing it. Click [Next] to flip the slides and learn! (You can open these slides anytime from [Help] - [Quick Command Help]).
- You can set a hotkey to launch this command field. Go to [Tool] - [Quick Command Setting]. Set your own hotkey and click [Save].
Getting Started - Sample
- Start Astah and launch the Command field with the hotkey (Default hotkey is Ctrl + Space)
- The Command field appears with possible commands in listed - at this point, it has "new project", "open project", "config" and "quit Astah". Type "new project" to create a new project.
- Create a Class. The incremental search function helps by listing the options you can use. By typing "create", it lists all the commands start with "create".
- Create a class by typing "create class A".
- Add a stereotype <<type>> to Class A. Type "add stereotype A type" in the command. Also, you can use the list below to choose the affected model, and the new stereotype.