Backup and Restore
There are two ways to backup Astah Share data, one is by making copies of Astah Share's whole data and another is by using a script.
Backup by making copies of data
In order to backup this way, all you have to do is to make a copy of "%ASTAH_SHARE%\data" folder and preserve it on
a different drive, folder, or a medium. Astah Share needs to be shut down completely during copying a data.
- Double click "%ASTAH_SHARE%\shutdown.bat" to close Astah Share
- Once Astah Share is shut down completely, make a copy of "%ASTAH_SHARE%\data" folder and preserve it on where you want to save (i.e. D:\backup\data)
ATTENTION:Do not launch Astah Share until the copying process completes. If you do, the backup may fail.
Backup by using script
A script, %ASTAH_SHARE%\backup.bat is provided for you to backup Astah Share data. You need to have Astah Share running when you do your backup by using the script.
- Double click %ASTAH_SHARE%\backup.bat
- Backup will be created at specified path for "BACKUP_DIR" in the script. (%BACKUP_DIR%\Date of backup)
- Once you see backup.zip file and projects folders in the folder, that means all backup has been completed
- backup.zip file contains all database information.
- projects folders contain copies of %ASTAH_SHARE%\data\projects folders.
Please adjust the variable for
before you start the script.
In the example given below,
is a folder where all backup data wil be stored at, and
is Astah Share Install folder.
There are two ways to restore Astah Share's backup data. One is by simply using the copies of data, and another one is by using a script.
Restoring by using copies
If you want to restore backup data that you made by making copies of %ASTAH_SHARE%\data folder, please follow this step.
Astah Share must be shut down completely in order to restore this way.
- Double click
"%ASTAH_SHARE%\shutdown.bat" to close Astah Share
- Once Astah Share is shut down completely, paste the backup data in "%ASTAH_SHARE%\data"
- After you restore the data by this way, launch Astah Share and check if all the backup data has been restored correctly
ATTENTION:Do not start Astah Share until the restoring is completed, if you do, the backup data may not be restored properly.
This method does not restore backup data made by using script.
Restoring by using script
This method restores backup data made by using script only. Astah Share needs to be shut down before you start this script.
- Double click %ASTAH_SHARE%\restore.bat
- Once the restoring is completed, launch Astah Share and check if all the backup data has been restored correctly
Please adjust the variable of "BACKUP_DIR" and "ASTAH_SHARE" before you start the script.
In the example given below, "D:\backup\2009_10_19_08_00" is target backup data and "C:\astah-share-2_5" is where backup data will be restored at.