Thank you for purchasing Astah Floating License!
Our Floating License uses the Reprise License Manager (RLM) for license management.
Customers who don't have RLM will need to set up the license server. If you already have it, click here.
The RLM server can be installed on a following Windows or Linux machine.
- Windows (64bit)
- Linux (x86-64)
Reprise does not publish hardware requirements. Though, they provide a performance evaluation tool that you can use to see how many checkouts per sec. a machine will handle..etc.
Click the button below to download the setup-kit.
If you have the RLM running for other programs already
Download the kit from the link above
and extract it. Locate the following two files - the ISV (Independent Software Vendor) files - in the same folder where your existing RLM is installed.
- cvastah.exe or cvastah
2. Install License Server
Choose your platform to install the License Server.
Installing on Windows
- Make sure that you are logged in as an Administrator
- Extract the folder you downloaded into the C:/Astah/Reprise
- Run register_service.bat
- After completing the registration, set the License Manager to run as a service
Installing on Linux
- Extract the folder you downloaded into a directory like /opt/rlm/
- Set a launch Daemon
Find the cvastah_sysvinit.sh that is included in the folder you downloaded. Customize it to make the RLM start on launch Daemon by locating it in the /etc/init/d...etc. Make sure you specify a non-root user in the startup script.
Refer to the cvastah_systemd that is included in the folder you downloaded. Locate it in the systemd unit file directory such as /usr/lib/systemd/system/rlm.service...etc.
After deploying the file, run commands below to relod the systemd and launch RLM.
systemctl start rlm
Run the following command to let the RLM launch automatically.
systemctl enable rlm
After you complete setting up the license server, let's get your license activated!
1. Access RLM web interface
- Start your web browser and open http://<Hostname>:5054.
- This is what the RLM web interface looks like.
2. Activate your License
Make sure your machine is connected to the Internet and also allows the connection as shown below.
HTTP Connection (Showing only the header)
POST /cgi-bin/ cvastah_mklic HTTP/1.0
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-url encoded
If you are on Linux and using a proxy server, you need to set the environment variable as below.
i.e. Server name: myproxyhost, Port#: 8765
If you need a Basic Authentication, you also need to set this.
i.e. User is Joe with "joes_password" password
- Access the RLM web page.
- Click [Activate License] from the left menu.
- Click [BEGIN License Activation] button.
- Enter www.hostedactivation.com for the ISV activation website, and click [Next].
- Enter the ISV "cvastah" and your License activation key which is a 16-digit numeric string you purchased, then click [Next] button.
- Enter the number of floating licenses. Then click the [Next] button.
- It shows a path where your license file will be generated. If you already have the same named file in the directory, change the license file name here. Otherwise click [Next].
- Click [REQUEST LICENSE] button to complete.
- At this point, you will need to restart the license server, so click [(Re)Start License Server].
- Choose [cvastah] and click [REREAD/RESTART] button.
- If no error appears, your license has been activated successfully. So let's go next!
If the License Activation failed
Please refer to the Troubleshooting
Or we can activate the license for you, please send us
the following information.
- Your License activation key (16-digit numeric string)
- Your License Server's Hostid - which appears in the upper field at step.6