New Features: 6.9
(Updated October 09, 2014 - version 6.9.0)
Please read the release notes for all the new features, improvements, and fixed bugs.
Astah Engineering Pack Available
We have a new licensing option available which enables you to use the three editions of Astah: Astah Professional (UML Modeling tool), Astah SysML (SysML modeling tool) and Astah GSN (GSN drawing tool) with one license. This new bundled license is available for version 6.9 for Astah Professional. (Read more about Astah Engineering Pack.)
Special Pricing for Engineering Pack
To celebrate the launch of Engineering Pack a special price is being offered through February 2015. For now save 30% on every license of Engineering Pack.
Sequence Diagram's [Gap Expander] / [Gap Remover] options
In version 6.9, editing Sequence diagrams has gotten much easier. The new [Gap Expander] and [Gap Remover] tool allows you to expand or shrink the canvas of the diagrams so that it is now extremely easy to insert Lifelines or Messages to existing Sequence diagrams without adjusting space by moving every single model elements.
Here is a sample:
- You have a Sequence diagram like figure below and want to insert a new life lifeline to where the red-dotted box is.
- Select [Gap Expander] and then click and drag to the right. All the models will be moved in that direction to make a space.
- Space has now been added starting from where you clicked
- Add a new Lifeline
- To remove unnecessary space, use the [Gap Remover] by clicking and dragging left
- All the models will slide in the same direction to remove unnecessary space for better looking diagrams
Adjust Size menu now applies to Notes
[Alignment] menu is an easy and fast way to make model elements align nicely by aligning them horizontally or vertically and resizing them. Now resizing menu under [Alignment] is applicable for [Notes].
Opening Multiple projects at once (Mac Only)
It's now easier to open multiple projects on Mac. You no longer need to use the Terminal to do so. Now all you have to do is to enable one option in System Properties ([Tool] – [System Properties] – [Other]) to open multiple projects on Mac.
Multiple InitialPseudoStates available on Statemachine diagrams
Now you are able to draw InitialPseudoStates in Statemachine diagrams by configuring the option in the System Properties. ([Tool] – [System Properties] – [UML]).
New Astah API implemetations
- You can zoom in/out and scroll via the API
- You can get Mini-icons added to model elements via the API
- getInteractionUse() to get InteractionUse from IGate is added....Learn more about API