Creating a new project file
You can create a new project file by:
- Going to [File] – [New] or
- Clicking the most-left icon on a Tool bar
Open a pre-installed template file
The useful template files are pre-installed in Astah Installation folder\template\project.
To open one of these template files, go to [File] – [New from Template] and select a file.
Create a custom template
You can create a custom template file and make it as a default to open from [File] – [New].
- Create a custom template file
- Save this .asta file in User_Home\.astah\professional (or uml)\template\project
※You have to create the “template” and “project” folders by yourself
- Go to [Tools] – [System Properties] – [Project] and select [User Template], then all the .asta files will appear in the drop-down list. Choose the one you’d like to use and click [Apply] – [OK].
- Now every time you create a new file, your custom template file opens to start with.
Create a diagram
You can create a new diagram from the [Diagram] menu.
Auto-save .asta files
You can autosave files by turning the auto-save mode on.
You can specify how frequently you want to auto-save from [Tools] – [System Properties] – [File].
What are you looking for?