Any projects you create with Astah are saved with .asta format files.
Creating a new project file
You can create a new project file by:
- Going to [File] - [New] or
- Clicking the most-left icon on a Tool bar
You can choose which file to open as default when you create a new file.
You have three options.
Opening an existing file
You can open an existing file by:
- Going to [File] - [Open]
- Clickng the 2nd-left button on the Tool bar.
- Choosing an .asta file under [Exit] of [File] menu
- Drag .asta file onto Astah app icon or an opened instance of Astah.
Auto-save Project Files
- Go to [Tools]-[System Properties]-[File].
- Specify the number of operations till the next auto-save and lick [Apply] - [OK].
- Switch the save icon to the one says "Save periodically" to turn on the Auto-save.
You can change your preferences for files from [Tools]-[System Properties]-[File].