Visual matters – adding images can make your diagrams dynamically expressive.
Let’s find out what Astah Professional offers to help you with that.
Customized Stereotype icon
You can replace UML objects such as Classes and Actions with any image file you’d like.
This is available in Astah Professional edition only.
How to switch UML objects to icon
- Go to [Tools] – [Project] – [Set Icon for Stereotype]
- A window opens, click the [Add] icon.
If you’d like to upload multiple image files at once, click a [folder] icon.
- One line will be added. Click [Edit] button.
- Enter the stereotype and upload an image file you want it to be associated with the stereotype.
- Now select a class with the stereotype, choose [Customize] on the toolbar.
- A model will turn into the related icon.
Add BPMN Look & Feel to an activity diagram!
By using these stereotype icons, you can make a BPMN-like diagram based on an activity diagram.
Read our blog for how.
C4 model diagram
You can create the C4 model using the C4 model plug-in which is using this Stereotype functionality.
What are you looking for?